My photo
The idea behind this blog is to share my opinions about Post-Apocalyptic Literature, Films and Ephemera as well as my random nattering on a regular basis.

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A bit of a departure

Stumbled on this when I was reading other blogs. Also thought it would be fun to create my own YA cover since I have been so embroiled in reading YA books lately. How hard could it possibly be? Not that hard as it turns out. This is what I came up with. I have no Photoshopping skills so I just basically followed the steps and with some very minor tweaking came up with this little beauty:











What will yours look like?
CREATE YOUR DEBUT YA COVER
1 – Go to “Fake Name Generator” or click http://www.fakenamegenerator.com/
The name that appears is your author name.
2 – Go to “Random Word Generator” or click http://www.websitestyle.com/parser/randomword.shtml
The word listed under “Random Verb” is your title.
3 – Go to “FlickrCC” or click http://flickrcc.bluemountains.net/index.php
Type your title into the search box. The first photo that contains a person is your cover.
4 – Use Photoshop, Picnik, or similar to put it all together. Be sure to crop and/or zoom in.
5 – Post it to your site along with this text leave it in the comments here.

I think my cover is at least as good as Gone by Michael Grant

As far as updates go, I finished 'Contemporary Issues in Literature'. I ended up doing an Author Study on Kevin Henkes as my final project. I was unable to read any of my 'reward books' because I had to read the books for the project. You can see a copy of my 'work' below. It's small but if you're super interested click on it and you see it in full glory. WooT! I bet I spent far too long on it.


Also (last bit of update stuff here) I am done reading YA books for a bit. The last one was Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway. The book was great and if you would like to read a review look for it here. I haven't been a sixteen year old high school student for the better part of two decades. I don't remember books like this when I was a young reader. Jumping Jesus on a Pogo stick! Seriously, just full of sex, cursing and drugs. Wow, I had to stay up into the weee hours of the morning to finish it. A pretty good book to punish the liver by also.


And finally, when I was at the library getting all the YA stuff my eyes fell on The Suicide Collectors by David Oppegaard and I couldn't resist, I had to get it. So that is what I'm reading now.

No comments: